Who is Koach Karl?
Simply put, I am a raw, vegan, conservative Christian. I think I am a rare species.
This means I eat a mostly raw, vegan diet; I love discussing politics; and I am
disciple of Christ. My wife, Paula, and I teach a Biblically-based nutrition class and
are always "preaching" the need to glorify our bodies for Christ. This means
feeding it properly and maintaining its health and wellness.
As a former Marine, I have run for over 30 years. I have been a personal trainer
since 1982 and endurance coach since 1995. I am a two-time Badwater
Ultramarathon finisher and three-time Ironman Triathlon finisher. Along the way, I
have completed over 25 ultras and over 65 marathons. I am the owner of Athlon
Endurance Training, which includes Runners In Touch.
In 2007, I started the Runners In Touch (RIT) Teams. The RIT Endurance Team
trains runners and walkers for all distances. The majority of RIT members donate
their personal time and resources, including fundraising for various charities. From
time to time, as a Team, we give back.
To date, I have coached over 2100 endurance athletes to the finish line, be it in
running or multisport. I have contributed to Endurance Planet and have had
numerous articles related to the spirit of endurance sport published. In the local
community, I've been featured on KCTV-5, to provide endurance advice.
I live in the Kansas City area with my wife, Paula, and children. We dedicate our
life to helping those in need and chasing our endurance dreams. Our favorite past
time is spent with our family. Our favorite date is a long run together. We debate
the terrain--she loves the trails, and I love a challenging urban adventure.
Click here for a detailed resume.
- Running for over 30 years
- Personal trainer since 1982
- Fitness management and consultation for 20+ years
- Badwater Ultramarathon finisher 2001, 2004
- Ironman Florida finisher 1999, 2000, 2002
- Triathlon competitor for over 10 years
- Completed over 25 ultraruns and over 65 marathons
- Head Marathon Coach for Team in Training 1999-2007
- Endurance Coach, Crohn's and Colitis Foundations Team Challenge,
- Founder, Runners In Touch 2005
- USMC Active Duty, 1979-1987